I'm happy to declare that character build templates are now live!
The character template system, allows someone new to our game to be able to jump right in without having to learn how to build an effective character right off the bat. They will choose a template and their classes, skills, feats and ability scores will be chosen for them each time they level. Though the templates are effective, they are not necessarily optimized, so at any point a character can respec and either create a custom build or select a different template.
The current templates are: force crusader, force marauder, shock trooper, mercenary and tactician. We intend to add a smuggler template in the coming days as well.
Furthermore, the template system allows any level 40 character to share their template for use with new characters, if they so desire. If this interests you, please contact Gicker.
Some other minor changes that have come with this update are:
- changed mighty swing feat to work with all melee weapons and to increase damage based on level and natural strength mod.
- Force adepts now get 1 rank of force training the first level they take in force adept.
- Fixed a bug with the tech ability 'activate battle droid' attacks being overpowered.
- changed position change messages (stand, rest, sleep, etc) for droids to be more appropriate for them.
- Fixed the lightsaber mold access to be based on class and level, force adept level 7+
- Combat now uses stamina each round. Every time you make your weapon attacks that round, you consume 20 stamina. If you have less than 20 stamina, you cannot attack with weapons or unarmed attacks. The athletics skill can reduce the amount of stamina consumed each round.